Monday, January 11, 2010

Blameless

So I gave my attention to the Lord God to seek Him by prayer and supplications, and with fasting, weeping and mourning - Dan 9:3


Our church now, Destiny, and our church to be, Bethany, are both calling church-wide times of fasting. Will and I wanted to take advantage of this because of how powerful it can be and how much the Lord will draw near to us when we do. This may very well be the biggest transitions that Will and I ever make, and fasting is really the only way to truly put down our flesh and earnestly seek out God's word over our lives. God specifically asks His people to do so in Joel 2:12.

Anyway, it's been great so far (Day 2) and I already feel a hunger for God that I've never felt before.

Jim said a good quote this weekend at church... "Fasting is not so you can try to get God to love you more, it's a way to draw deeper in love with the heart of God"

SO TRUE. There's things I learn during fasting about God that I normally would just pass right over.

So, Day 2... This is what I've been reading about...

I started reading Psalm 84:11 where it says "For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless"

You know those times when you read the Bible and it's like it's the first time you've ever come across a word and you know that it's because of the Lord? Well, the word "blameless" looked like it was coming out of the page. I love it when this happens!

So, whenever that does happen, I go to www.blueletterbible.com and look up the particular word.
I came across awesome verses that all talk about walking blameless. If the Lord says that he withholds NOTHING from those whose walk is blameless... I better as HECK learn to walk blameless.

Many times, blameless is written as "committed" or "integrity" in different translations. I thought this was interesting. The Lord wants us to walk FULLY committed to Him as well as walk in integrity. It also says "above reproach" and "never perverse"

Another verse stuck out to me in Psalm 101:2 "I will be careful to lead a blameless life -- when will you come to me? I will walk in my house with a blameless heart. I will set before my eyes no vile thing."

This goes along with my conviction to watch TV and movies with things in it that don't glorify God. I feel like Christians, oftentimes, don't seek to always walk blameless in this way. They make excuses because they want to be entertained or they don't think that it's too bad.
I don't know about you, but there is no way that I would fully be committed to pursue God or keep my whole integrity while watching those awful things that defile the name of God. He tells us to do it for a reason.

Anyway, just wanted to share my revelation :)
I have tons of other verses, and would encourage you (if it's on your heart) to start asking God to make you blameless.

Phl 2:15 "so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world"

In order to be lights, we have to be willing to step out of the darkness. Don't be afraid to do so and take steps toward living above reproach. Christians were never created to look like the world.

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment