- why is it the single most empowering thing in my mind that i just deactivated my facebook? i mean, i feel like i can breathe.
- why is it that all i want to eat is mac and cheese (the cheap toy story kind), wasabi peas, fruit, and CANDY?
- why is it that i try and try to write songs (but to no avail)... and then one day in the bathtub god has me start singing a song straight through? out of nowhere!
- why is it that all i am waiting for is that first kick from the baby? maybe it will be a sigh of relief that everything is ok in there.
- why is it that i become a total jerk when i get a headache? haha
- how is it that a 1.5 inch baby can make it so that none (NONE) of my clothes fit.
- how did i become so blessed to marry the man of my dreams?
- will we be eating animals when there is the new heavens and new earth (reading in Isaiah this morning)... will we be driving cars or will jesus have a better system? what kind of jobs will we have??
- how cool is it that god never lets me stay the same? even 6 months ago, i am like a new person.
- how did evolution come about anyway? what's up with completely putting creation aside and rationalizing it in your own mind? how does breastfeeding work so flawlessly? how about baby's organs forming??
- what can i do about this 7 story supercenter for abortions in houston that just opened the other day? god what can i do???
- why is my dog obsessed with the life band? we always find him sleeping with it around his wrist. haha
- will i have a boy or a girl?
- what will the baby look like?
those are my questions for the day. the end.
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Tomorrow marks 9 weeks! I took a picture tonight because I was excited about my new clothes. Ha. I kept telling Will to not stand above me, making me look like a fat midget, but he didn't catch on. :) Oh well, what can ya do? I really look huge in this pic but I'm not quite there yet. I looked at my pics and didn't even realize how big my belly had gotten already. I guess I had never looked at myself from the side. It's laughable to me.
I can definitely say that my belly has "popped"... I guess kind of early. It is definitely obvious to others that I am pregnant. I see people staring all the time. Better get used to it, huh? I can assunre you though, this is not bloating any longer. This is baby! Other parts of my body have grown too... but let's ot focus on those.
The baby is 1 inch this week and about the size of a grape.
This is what babycenter says... "The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain"
Yay. What an amazing baby :)
How have I been doing you ask? You didn't ask? Oh, well I'll tell you anyway. Lol. I've been extremely hungry at all moments of the day still. Basically stuffing my face. I think I actually end up eating less than I did before though because I don't really eat full meals anymore. They're all just small snacks all the time. I'm also still really really really tired!!! Nap almost every day.
I was starting to get depressed on the fact that I absolutely do not fit in anything anymore. My clothes are all too tight... not just on the waist but the legs and butt. And my shirts are uncomfortably tight. So, Will was sweet enough to accompany me to the mall today to go look for bigger shirts and maternity jeans. ALL I wanted were some skinny maternity jeans... is that too much to ask for?? Ha. Well, I lucked out. JCPenneys had buy one get one 99 cents. OH EM GEE. :) I was so excited. 2 pairs of maternity jeans for $30. I call that a steal. I also got some shirts and a sweater and a cute dress from Delias. Only spent $100 for all of it. Very happy girl.
We also went garage sale-ing this morning and got a cute chair that I'm going to paint and reupholster. The fabric is cute but it's pretty worn. This baby was only $5. I love it. Imagine it painted white with a cool new fabric.
I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl. Already thinking about nursery ideas. We will be taking a trip to Orlando on the 22nd for my grandma's memorial service. All my family will be there for the most part, so it will be cool to see everyone. Then, Will and I are going to Clearwater to the condo to get some vacation before the rest of the year gets crazy and we won't be able to. There is an IKEA in Tampa and we are so excited to go visit. We will probably get a crib while we're there (since we probably won't be able to go back before baby). Plus, we have a gift card still from our wedding :) We cannot wait!
So, that's the news for now. Have a good weekend everybody!