Friday, December 3, 2010

39 Week Appointment

We went to the midwife again yesterday. I was so looking forward to this one because it was the first time they would check me for dilation and effacement. I was dying to know what kind of progress we had under our belt.
Well, so far I am 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced. 2 weeks ago, the other midwife had said that I was probably already pretty well effaced and 1 or 2 cm dilated. Every time I go in, they comment on how low he is too. So, basically... we have no idea when he will decide to come, BUT it's good to know that he's well on his way! He is in perfect position and locked in... ready to come out!! Whenever they feel him, they say that his butt it sticking out really far. I constantly have a huge lump on my left side where the little guys rump is sticking out. It is the cutest thing ever. I feel him stretch out his whole body... he arches his back and his butt stick out and I feel his feet on my other side. I LOVE IT!! He is so big.... he takes over my entire stomach at this point. Not much room in there anymore!
I was a little bummed after my appointment yesterday because they added a new midwife on staff and she saw me this time instead of my regular midwives. I guess I was anticipating seeing one of the midwives who knew me well and who had been seeing me often on the appointment right before my due date. But, oh well! It was kind of strange to see someone who knew nothing about me at this point and knew nothing about my past appointments. She was nice, but I LOVE the other midwives... they are hard to compete with. Plus, they spend so much time answering all your questions and making you feel like a friend... not just a patient. That's why we love them so much. Anyway, I had a mild breakdown on the ride home from the appointment yesterday :) haha. I've had probably 2 others of those... Will says I'm allowed at least 10 more. Ha ha. He is so patient with me.
This week has been really hard (just in my own brain). No one else or nothing else is making it hard on me. Not even the baby. I feel so blessed that I am having a healthy pregnancy and that the baby is doing great! It's just the battle in my mind that's got me stuck. I am trying SO hard to just remind myself of God's word over me every day and His promises. He has promised me so many things over this pregnancy, and I have to repeat them to myself to remember that HE is faithful and HE knows what He's doing. My prayer still continues to be, "God, let YOUR timing be done." Even when it's hard on me haha.
Anyway, prayers for strength during this time would be much appreciated. I'm just ready to be in the next season.

Otherwise, life is FANTASTIC!! Literally couldn't be better. Will and I are constantly amazed at how our lives got to this point and how the Lord took such good care of us through it all. We cry on a weekly basis just thinking about the goodness of Him and praising Him for pulling us out of so many things when we didn't have the strength to do it ourselves. This is the most overly abundantly blessed season of either of our lives!!
Since I'm not really able to go to church at this point (since my feet swell up so bad), Will and I had our own church service last weekend. We put on one of the worship services from our church in California, and literally worshiped for an hour and a half together in our living room. After about 2 songs, both of us were crying our eyes out because we felt the joy and release of the spirit in our home SO strong. It will probably go down as one of my most favorite memories with Will and God. If you haven't experienced Bethel worship, you should really check it out. These people are so pure in their hearts and worship, that you immediately feel led into the presence of Jesus. It's like Jesus just LOVES to be around when they start worshiping. Here's a video from Bethel and one of their songs on their Bethel Live CD. Will and I can't stop playing this CD because it is SOOO filled with the spirit. When you listen to it, you just want to cry. I feel like that's how it will be in the full presence of the Lord when we get to heaven.... we won't be able to stop crying because of the joy in our hearts spilling over.
Anyway, all that to say that we LOVE our church!!!!!


Thanks everyone for ALL your prayers surrounding us and our baby. Thanks for all the encouragement. I have such awesome family and friends!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment