Thursday, December 2, 2010

25 Reasons...


I LOVE being pregnant and I am so blessed to be. Just purely for documentation later, I am going to make a list of all the reasons why I am excited for pregnancy to be over.

1. To hold my sweet, precious little boy (obviously)

2. To see my husband interact with the baby as a dad. This will make me want to cry, I'm sure.

3. To bend my abs. You know... when I get up from bed. When I'm stuck on the couch because I can't figure out a way to get out. That will be so nice.

4. To be able to shave my legs like a normal person. Heck, it will be nice to just be able to SEE my legs.

5. To not be so sensitive about every comment about the pregnancy. I understand people don't get it... but I'm ecstatic to no longer have the "wow your belly is big" or "is that baby here yet" comments. I have definitely learned all the things to NOT say to a pregnant woman.

6. To not burn up all the time. Especially to not sweat at night. It's so weird!

7. To not get on the scale and every time be way heavier than the last time. I understand there is a baby growing in me... but, wow, that's a lot of weight!

8. To finally recognize myself in the mirror. From what I understand, all the swelling goes away and my nose will not look like a clown nose anymore.

9. To be able to walk places without my feet hurting right away and swelling up like balloons. I seriously don't even remember what that is like. Will had to remind me that it is not a normal way of life.

10. To not wear maternity clothes. It's a love/hate relationship, really. I miss just shopping for normal things... and not worrying if they will fit over my belly.

11. To be able to curl up on the couch and just automatically be comfortable (without a thousand pillows supporting me).

12. To be able to hug my husband without a beach ball in between us.

13. To pick something off of the ground without feeling like I just lifted 100 pounds along with it.

14. To be able to make dinner in the kitchen without sitting on a chair to do it.

15. To not get frustrated at those people at restaurants who are all taking up the chairs and sofas while waiting for a table, completely oblivious to the 9 month pregnant lady who has been standing there for 20 minutes. Much worse, the people that run to get the empty chair without offering it to me. Oh the nerve.

16. To not have my identity in my belly. That's all people talk to me about.

17. To not have the stares everywhere I go.

18. To enjoy a movie (or anything else for that matter) without having to pee 20 times during it.

19. To be able to sleep on my stomach (or any other way I want)

20. To work out. Just to run... I don't even remember what it's like to run.

21. To eat whatever I want without my esophagus burning up.

22. To walk normally.

23. To do a karate kick, a spin, and a flip... if I so please :)

24. To have a back that is not constantly yelling at me to sit a different way.

25. To be able to sit through a whole church service without my legs getting numb and my ankles swelling to the size of Montana.


This is all mainly a joke, because I know this all comes with the territory. BUT, I thought it'd be fun to reminisce later and see that it was all really not that big of a deal (even when I feel like it's all consuming my life right now). Pregnancy is a funny thing. It's like you are SO excited about what's going on and what is to come... while at the same time so miserable in your own body. Well, I've really only been miserable for the past week or two. You don't realize the every day things you take for granted. I am convinced, though, that this is God's perfect way of preparing a mother even further for motherhood. I have never been more ready! 9 months of pregnancy really is a good amount of time. You go back and forth from, "ahhh, I am SO not ready" to "get this baby out of me before I die!" haha. Me being uncomfortable will make the whole experience that much sweeter when it's here.
And, no... baby is still not here (if you didn't catch that already). He is loving his cozy little private suite in there. I don't blame him. If I could live permanently in a hot tub surrounding me while I don't even have to think about eating or breathing... I might consider it. Every day it gets closer and closer. I am having way more contractions... and I'm glad that my body is preparing before the big day. God knows exactly what he's doing with that as well. I have been woken up by a few of them because they hurt. I am also noticing a bunch of other signs that I am already in pre-labor. So, get ready folks... because he is coming.
We have our midwife appointment today. I am so thankful for that because I would love to know what progress he is making, if any. We are going to pack our bag completely and take it with us just in case. Since the hospital is about 45 minutes away, it would be a bummer to go home and get it when we don't have to... if they tell me that I need to stay for some reason.

Anyway, thanks for all your prayers and excitement to see the baby.
I just ask for no comments on if the baby is here yet, or when he is coming. I know it's tempting, but this sensitive pregnant lady can't handle them at this point. I know it's my own emotions that have me there... but right now, I need encouraging words and words to keep my mind off of where I'm not. :)

Love you all!!

1 comment:

  1. ah this post made me smile. pregnancy, such a wonderful, annoying, odd time. i loved every minute of it, yet nearly DIED i was so excited for it to be over. and to hold that precious life. i am so excited for you, sweet girl! to have all the icky stuff be over and for you to finally be able to meet your new love. xo

    ReplyDelete