Thursday, December 2, 2010

One. Two. THREE Christmases

(I have no idea why this post is underlined, and it won't let me fix it....oh well)
We will officially be celebrating three Christmases as a married couple this year. I love Christmas time. I feel like it puts so many attitudes in the right place and gets people in the right thankful mindset. Well, that is if you're not one of those who is running around like a Chicken with your head cut off, stressing about what mall to go to on Christmas Eve. Ugh. That's the worst. I've learned my lesson the hard way. Putting all shopping and nonsense aside, I always love Christmas for its ability to let me recognize how thankful I am for God's goodness that past year. It helps me put my focus on people that I love and memories that I am fond of. It puts ALL focus back on family, which is a rare thing now in our culture. Will and I are determin
ed to forever make Christmas what it is supposed to be about... our savior's birth. That is a HUGE deal!! We don't want to do the whole santa thing. Our kids will know about him, just like they'll know that cartoon characters aren't real. But, we want them to really appreciate and take time to think of who Christ is and what the day truly means. We want to do a birthday party type thing. Every year, make a birthday cake for Jesus. Sing some worship songs. Give each other gifts out of a heart of wanting to appreciate the people in our lives that God has so richly blessed us with. I don't want the American spirit of Christmas to pollute what it is really supposed to mean.
ANYWHO... here we are. Our little family. 3 Christmases, and many many more to come!!!

2010 Christmas:




2009 Christmas:

2008 Christmas:




No comments:

Post a Comment