Monday, March 28, 2011

Kid's Scripture Album

Many of you know that Will and I have started a Kid's scripture album. It's been really fun so far, and we are excited to keep it coming. We don't have a lot of extra time during the week... so it may take us a little longer than normal to finish it, but it will be worth it.

Having kids learn scripture is so important! I grew up listening to Steve Green "Hide Em In Your Heart" songs and I still remember the songs to this day.

Our goal is to make songs that are easy to memorize, but are also more modern. We're aiming for a Miley Cyrus/Justin Bieber type feel. No more cheese ball kids cds. Plus, we want it to be somewhat enjoyable for the parents to listen to, too! And, heck, these verses are a good reminder to adults too. We love the idea of Micaiah growing up with some good scripture songs. Right now we are praying about which verses to hit... we may even end up doing multiple albums at some point :)

So, here's the first song we finished. It's on the fruit of the spirit... and it's me with the best bubble pop sound I could muster up! :D

4 comments:

  1. Amen, Laura!!!
    I LOVE THIS SONG! Can I play it at work?! It's so sweet, honest, and TRUE! Just made my dad to stop on by your little blog :-) Been reading Isaiah, and it's speaking VOLUMES to me this week. So glad you and Will could make this song. Blessings reign down :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Laura! I love playing scripture songs for my kids (I find I've always got them stuck in my head too!) I look forward to hearing more from you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Laura! I definitely danced a little :) Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no joke.... whenever you finish this album, i would totally buy it. first of all, the idea of denver learning God's word in such a fun way is awesome. secondly, he already has an ear for pop music. that's right. denver has beiber fever. :) so this is great!!

    ReplyDelete