Tuesday, April 6, 2010

For Moggie


This note is to my Grandma, Moggie. She has pancreatic cancer and is not doing well this week.

Moggie, I don't even know where to start. You are the most amazing woman I've ever known. I have never met someone in the world so in love with the Lord. You truly are my hero. I want you to know that there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of you and smile. It's so hard to think of you not being in my every day life. I'm crying as I write this. I was telling my mom today that you are one of my dearest friends. I have the most memories with you throughout the years and I just cherish them. I'm so glad I have those things to think about and tell our kids about. I can't wait to show my new baby a picture of you and tell my kids all the stories about you as they get older. Your life just SHINES with Jesus... that's why I look up to you so much. People always want to be around you because it truly is like being in the presence of Jesus. That is why, even from a young age, I just wanted to be with you.... in your arms, on your lap, laying in bed with you. You are the reason why this family knows the Lord like we do and I don't know how to thank you enough for that. Thank you for bringing my mom to the Lord. Thank you for bringing up my dad to know Jesus. I'm so sorry for the hardships you had to go through in your life...someone as dear as you should never have to go through the things you went through. God refined you, though, and taught you how to be closer to Him through the fire. You're an inspiration to me in that way. Whenever I think my life is hard, I think about the many heartbreaks you had in life and how you kept going, and I live by your example. Your love for missions will never go unnoticed. I just wish I had more time to hear more of your stories. Just when I think I've heard all of them, I hear even more amazing stories. All those women in jail that you ministered to, all the foreign countries you have visited... God is pleased with that. You will be able to see the fruit of your ministry in the years to come. Pretty soon you get to see Jesus face to face. You won't have pain... you will have a brand new body. God will wrap His arms around you in pure joy that you're finally directly in His presence. I can't wait for the day for Will and I to be with you (and the rest of the family). You are so special. I see it as God just wanting you to be with Him now... He just wants to be with you. Although I'm so sad that I can't be with you on Earth much longer, I am so happy in my spirit that you will finally be away from the imperfection of the world. You deserve to be with your maker... you deserve to feel peace in every bone of your body. You deserve to worship with nothing holding you back... no flesh telling you you're tired or in pain. I picture you completely at peace at Jesus' face... in a young body , just dancing how you love to.
I just wanted you to know that this life of mine would have been so different if I didn't know you. I can't thank you enough for what you've meant to me. I always said I would dread the day I would have to say goodbye to you (from the age of 2 probably). Now, here I am, having to do it. My flesh doesn't want to say goodbye, but my spirit is so overjoyed for you. Maybe God will give you a glimpse of who our baby is and who it will be before it's born. I can't wait for you to see it.
Just know how much I love you with every inch of me. It's hard to say goodbye to a best friend. The pain of having to let you go is more than I can bear, but know that we will all be ok. Will and I promise to always follow the Lord and what He has for us. We will never be outside of His plan and will over our lives. Don't worry about us. There is a reason why God put us in this time on the earth, and He is looking after us. He promises to.
Moggie I love you so much!! I don't think I could ever describe how much. I'm so sorry you're going through all this, but it will all be over soon.
God, I pray for peace and comfort over Moggie's body right now. Don't let her be in pain in her last moments on earth. God, wrap your loving arms around her body and put your angels around her bed to sing over her. I pray that during these times, she would only be able to hear praises and worship to You... that none of her focus will be able to be on what's going on with her mortal body. God, may complete rest and peace fall on her today. Let her know how much she is loved. Amen

I LOVE YOU MOGGIE!!!!!!!!!! Don't ever forget it!!!! This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do :(

Psalm 91
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord "my refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust." He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart..... For he will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands..."

No comments:

Post a Comment