Friday, April 15, 2011

Fun, and Not So Fun, Facts


1. Cai has been sleeping at least 10 hours every night. This happened when I decided not to wake him up for his "dream feed"... basically I didn't wake him up at 11 pm to feed him so that he might sleep longer. Apparently this was working against me and I didn't even realize. One night I tried not waking him up and he slept like a champ!

2. We switched him to his crib in his own room (sniff, sniff) last night. Good move. He slept from 8:30-7:30 without a peep... and then went on to sleep from 8-11. Sheesh! Victory!

3. I broke my toe yesterday. Yep... jammed it right into the leg of the sofa. It almost immediately turned black and blue and swollen. Of course, right when I start working out again. Apparently satan wants me fat.

4. I have been sick as a dog. First of all, do not, I repeat, DO NOT visit Georgia in Spring time unless you plan on getting attacked by pollen. I did. And then, some cold germs decided to kick me when I was down and completely take me out. So here I am, sore throat, stuffy head, ear infection, sneezing, runny nose... all because some stupid pollen.

5. We bought a new car. Well, not new... but ya know. It's a 2005 Volvo S60. We love it but we kind of had to go through this whole fiasco after we bought it. First of all, the owner wasn't completely honest with us about things (which we found out later). But, then the air conditioning stopped working the day after we bought it. Hmmm... looks shady, right? Well... it happened to be just a small $90 part, thank goodness. But we were freaking out thinking that we had just bought a lemon. Nope... it's great and we adore it. This is not the real picture of our car. This is the vogue version. The one that all of the other volvos look and and think, "she is so pretty... why can't I look like her?" but we all know she's airbrushed and fake. Ours is still pretty. :)
6. Trying to find health insurance again. I just did this. Why do I have to do this again? Why do they have to make finding health insurance like doing brain surgery? Seriously, I'm looking at all the thousands of plans and comparing them to other companies thousands of plans and trying to do calculus while building a rocketship. It's tough. Oh bother.

7. It's Friday. Love me some date night!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Laura, check out chministries.org for healthcare. It's not insurance, but a group of Christians who cover each others' medical expenses. It is very affordable and Rick and I just signed up for it. Our pastor has been on this plan for years and has nothing but good things to say about it.

    Your baby is just adorable and I love seeing pictures of him.
    Ellyn McBride

    ReplyDelete