Sunday, September 26, 2010

30 Weeks... and counting


I always knew I hated spiders. They have too many legs... and they are always sneaking up on you. It's like, can't you just be walking in plain sight instead of creepily crawling on my face while I'm sleeping?
Well, I have a brand new hatred. A loathing, if you will, of a certain nasty bug. Georgia has TONS of roaches. Even growing up a Florida girl, I don't EVER remember seeing this many roaches. We have already seen a couple in our apartment (especially when it rains) and I am already totally disgusted by them. These aren't just little beetles. These are like what you see in horror films. HUGE. NASTY. BUGS. They're fast too.
Anyway, I just had to start off by saying that. If for some reason I vanish and no one knows where I am, it was probably the army of roaches coming to get me in the night. UGH, it gives me the willies.

SO, now to talk about what I came on here to talk about. I am 30 weeks prego today!! Feels like such a relief to say that I am in the 30s. Crazy, really. It really is the home stretch. And I will be a mom in 10 weeks. YIKES!!!
This is what the little guy is up to these days...
"Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)"

Kinda cool, huh? I think so.
He is moving like crazy lately. Seriously all the time. Maybe he was always moving this much but now he is big enough to notice every single move. My stomach is constantly looking like an alien is trapped inside. Oh, and my ribs and pelvic bone have apparently become really fun to kick and jab. Uncomfortable, but I love it. It always makes me smile. I love that he is getting so big.

As for me, I am officially experiencing things I have never experienced before. My feet and hands are swelling like crazy. My shoes don't fit. Seriously, none. Except my flip flops. So, I had to go out and buy a few. I also can't stand up long because my feet start to throb and swell. I also can barely bend over anymore... which is strange. Will has to buckle a pair of my shoes for me... and I told him that he may have to start clipping my toenails (now, if THAT isn't love, I don't know what is). Sleeping is basically impossible. I think this is God's way of preparing me for sleepless nights... which is why I don't mind it too much. I've found that it's really hard to get comfortable. When I lay on my side (which is the only way I can lay), the baby goes crazy because I'm probably squishing him. So then it's even harder to sleep. Oh the joys.
I do really miss feeling somewhat small. I truly understand why women who are pregnant feel so large. It's not necessarily because of the actual belly. I expected that. It is all the extra bloating and water weight... every part of me looks huge... to me at least. My face looks different to me too. I am also WAY clumsy. Gosh, I don't know what the heck is up...but I've probably broken 5 glasses in the last month or so. This morning, I reach over to grab my orange juice glass in the bathroom and somehow end up throwing it onto the edge of the toilet. Glass, and orange juice, everywhere. Even in the toilet. Will just laughs at me.

BUT, all in all, this whole process is way more than worth it and so enjoyable because I get to help God in a miracle. He gave me this baby and created it... and He is trusting us to bring up one of His children. I feel so honored.

Also, I was talking to a girl at church about childbirth (she just had a baby a few weeks ago). She recommended a certain midwife in downtown Atlanta who delivers at the hospital but also does waterbirth. This would be ideal, in my opinion. Will and I haven't been too extremely excited about the midwife I have now. There's nothing wrong with her... but you still get the feeling that you would have to be defending yourself and fighting the whole time to receive the natural childbirth you want. I have heard lots of good things about this other midwife, so I am really hoping that I can get in to see her. We feel so much more peace about it. We will see :) One cool thing about it is that the labor rooms are all with windows to the downtown skyline. That would be awesome... just a perk I guess. Might as well have something cool to look at while I'm in agonizing pain ;)

Anyway, all is well with us. We are still loving Atlanta and feel like this is the best season of our lives. God has so richly blessed us in every way. We talk about it constantly.

Now, if I can figure out a way to demolish all Georgia roaches, we will be good.

ps. Random thought: if you haven't seen the movie "To Save a Life" yet... it is awesome. A christian movie, and totally the best one I've seen yet. Will liked it too. Go get it... it's in Redbox.


No comments:

Post a Comment